After putting up with some problems with my original release of the VMC controller plug-in, I'd been wanting to fix some stuff up. When I recently went to the Windows 7 RC on my main media center box, I was inspired by olddog over on the VMC controller forum figuring out what had to go (the EPG code) and putting out patched DLL's. So I've upgraded the plug-in as well.
Fixes and additions:
- It should be much more tolerant of Windows Media Center exiting out and dealing with disconnect scenarios.
- Checkbox added to configuration, allowing failed commands to re-establish a connection to VMC controller and retry.
- "Connect" action that allows you to reconnect to either or both of the VMC Controller ports.
- Should work with extenders. (You'll need 1 instance of the plugin for each extender though)
- "204 Connect" commands should be usable as events.
- Error 9/Bad File Descriptor problems should be gone.
- Works with eventghost 0.3.7.x
Some of the output was tweaked a little so double-check your eventghost configs and make sure you configure the plug-in once if you're upgrading (since a new field was added).