First of all I want to thank the author and all the contributers for their great work! I'm only using EventGhost for a few weeks, but I'm really pleased with it. It works great.
Before I was a Girder-user, but I'm way more pleased about EventGhost, especially due to the fact that writing plugins is more easy and the concept is better.
I'm currently working on a few things:
* Universal serial IR plugin (a bit of an extended version of the UIR/IrMan plugin)
(obviously for my own IR receiver)
* ZoomPlayer plugin extensions:
- Automatic detection and connection to ZoomPlayer (polling is done with a settable interval)
- Disable of timeline event messages (these can be annoying in the log)
- Delays for sending the closed/stop, pause and play events
(this is needed since ZoomPlayer sends these messages if it advances in a playlist)
(since I use these events for controlling winamp and roomlights, this is very annoying)
(however, a better method than a simple delay should be found to solve this problem)
- Modification of sent playlist events (this makes playlist-synchronization possible)
- Configuration of timeouts, delays etc
- Future features:
- Long-movie event (total time longer than a certain settable time)
(this allows automatic stop after a DVD movie is played... to circumvent those annoying menus)
- Custom events stored in a seperate 'playlist' file, which runs along with ZoomPlayer
(this allows synchronization of roomlights etc to some preshow content)
- Custom events stored in a separate 'movie/dvd definition' file
(this allows ie to bring on the lights on again on the end credits)
* MarantzControl plugin:
- Communicates with my own MarantzControl tray-icon application,
which can be used to control many Marantz receivers fitted with a serial port.
- It may be extended in the future to allow communication both through the MarantzControl
application as well as directly to the serial port.
- Current version implements: power on/off/toggle, mute on/off/toggle, volume absolute/relative, input select, surround mode select, analog/digital/auto mode select. No feedback is currently available.
* System->Sound plugin modification
- Extra 'Change sound switch' option'
This allows to set/toggle any of the available switches on all available sound devices (ie mute, digital out etc)
(this was needed to allow analog audio out on my Audigy soundcard while any AC3/DTS sound source is active)
When I have 'cleaned-up' these plugins/modifications, I'll publish them here.
I've noticed there is a SoundMixerTree control, but this one seems to be broken.
Also the SoundMixer functions seem to be somewhat incomplete, so I extended these a bit to allow me to build a tree of all the available controls on all soundcards. I think someone started to work on something similar, but didn't finish this.
The version I'm using: 0.3.6.1242