Get the current version here.viewtopic.php?f=9&t=640&start=48
Modified HID Plugins for use with new PS3 Bluetooth Remote
Can be use as very good RF (bluetooth) and cheap (25 USD) universal remote
Modified plugin is attached.
It's my first work in Python and I download EventGhost just 3 days ago,
so, be comprehensive for eventual errors.
I'm french, sorry for may bad english.
HID PS3 Bluetooth Remote
Tested succesfully working with Bluetooth Software :
WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 18.104.22.1680
22.214.171.1240 is not the last version.
it's the most versatile version works with most of Bluetooth adapter
in a patched version. see http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=237
to help about patched WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 126.96.36.1990
(Restart PC, Right click on bluetooth icon in task bar and stop/start bluetooth device can help)
On remote, to activate discoverable mode, press simultaneously "start+enter".
On PC choose "Next (no code)"
Check in "Device Manager" / "Human Interface Devices"
PS3 Remote should appears as "HID-compliant game controller"
If not, if it's appears as "HID Keyboard Device" in "Keyboards"
Delete it, Right click on bluetooth icon in task bar and
stop/start bluetooth device to force new device detection.
This time should appears as "HID-compliant game controller"
2) HID PLUGIN
This plugin generate:
- ENDURING events named like "HID.Eject"
and lot of additional NORMAL events for:
- short click on remote, events name end with ".S" eg. "HID.Eject.S"
- long click on remote, events name end with ".L"
- double click on remote, events name end with ".D"
- mixte (double click with second one long), events name end with ".M"
and special selectable or not events:
- "Sleep" when remote is not used
- "Hibernate" when remote is not use during a long time
- "WakeUp" for first event after "Sleep" or "Hibernate"
- "Zone.X" where X is relative to Zone Key in Remote (see Remote paper manual)
event generated when a new key is pressed in another zone.
each remote key belong of on zone except one, the key with strange
symbol below the directional pad. this is by design.
- "Release" can be generated for each relase of each key.
Of course all these additional events are not needed,
it's possible to do the same thing by EventGhost configuration
but it's far more simple to have these events available
ready to use, than play with timer inside EventGhost.
This remote can generate events when 2 keys are pressed simultaneously.
In this case the event code genered is an hexadecimal value.
Note: some keys combination generate the same event.
This is a Remote issue.