Android Client

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Android Client

Postby viking » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:29 am

liquid8 wrote:
tiger100 wrote:Where on my android device do I find the "icons" from the layouts that I have downloaded as well as the "standard" icons?

Is it possible to backup the layouts on my PC. Where are these stored on my Android?

Unfortunately, the storage of the layouts is pretty crude at the moment. Everything (including icons) is stored in a single .eglayout file.These files are typically located in /sdcard/eventghost/, and can be backed up or copied anywhere you like.. just put them back into the same location. If there is no sdcard, the layouts are stored in the applications files directory, /data/data/com.timhoeck.android.tivoremote/files/. I hope to improve how the layouts are stored soon (a zip with the individual files would be nice).

Hi there!

I've tried many things/ways to get the android app to work, to communicate with my Win7 Home PC (I'm using ComCast for ISP) -- but sadly :( I haven't had any success. I'm looking for just a step by step way to get it all to work.

At this point, I'd PAY anyone who could get me up and running.

My email is: viking@ewebmail.net.

Your program looks FANTASTIC...I wish I could use it!
viking

Postby Livin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:16 pm

viking wrote:
liquid8 wrote:
tiger100 wrote:Where on my android device do I find the "icons" from the layouts that I have downloaded as well as the "standard" icons?

Is it possible to backup the layouts on my PC. Where are these stored on my Android?

Unfortunately, the storage of the layouts is pretty crude at the moment. Everything (including icons) is stored in a single .eglayout file.These files are typically located in /sdcard/eventghost/, and can be backed up or copied anywhere you like.. just put them back into the same location. If there is no sdcard, the layouts are stored in the applications files directory, /data/data/com.timhoeck.android.tivoremote/files/. I hope to improve how the layouts are stored soon (a zip with the individual files would be nice).

Hi there!

I've tried many things/ways to get the android app to work, to communicate with my Win7 Home PC (I'm using ComCast for ISP) -- but sadly :( I haven't had any success. I'm looking for just a step by step way to get it all to work.

At this point, I'd PAY anyone who could get me up and running.

My email is: viking@ewebmail.net.

Your program looks FANTASTIC...I wish I could use it!

If you want help with connectivity from the Internet to your PC I suggest opening a new thread and explaining 100% what you have tried, what is and is not working.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system
Livin
Experienced User

Postby Siutsch » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Does anyone know if the developer liquid8 is still working here?

His last visit was Jun 14, 2011!

I really wait for the announced plugin
"New Wifi Events (When connected/disconnected to a specific SSID/Network)"
and thus the resulting possibilities.
Last edited by Siutsch on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siutsch

Postby Livin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm

I think he has been posting updates on his web site...http://timhoeck.com/eventghost-for-android/
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system
Livin
Experienced User

Postby Siutsch » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Last Update ist still V 1.31 from 14.6.2011

Nothing newer since his last visit here. :(
Siutsch

Postby CybercoMs » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:52 pm

i am having trouble sending an event back to my android device from evenghost, i get network sender failed error

could someone please help me out and possibly give detailed instructions on how to set up android send events?
CybercoMs

Postby CybercoMs » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 pm

i am having trouble getting eventghost to send events back to my android device

i get NetworkSender failed error

if someone could help me out that'd be great

also if anyone has the time to post a detailed guide on sending events to the android device from eventghost, that would be aswome
CybercoMs

Postby CybercoMs » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:42 pm

sorry about the double post, i thought the first one hadnt gone through
CybercoMs

Postby Siutsch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 am

Hmm.

Last login: 29.12.2011

But still no sign of life from liquid8 here in his thread.

I hope he is still working on the project ...

@liquid8
Can you perhaps give us a short report whether the EG Android client is still under development?

Thank you,
Siutsch.
Siutsch

Postby zootoxin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 am

Hi All,

I know Tim doesn't seem to be around but I am hoping one of you could please help me out.
I can not for the life of me get this working

So lets break things down and see where I am going wrong.

Equipment

HTC Desire - Connected via wireless - ip - 192.168.4.114

MediaPC - Connected via Cable - ip - 192.168.4.36

Event Ghost setup - On Media PC

How does that look? Everything ok?

Now lets walk through HTC Event ghost app

Android App - Setup Walkthrough

Add New...

Set as Default - Ticked
Server Name - Mediapc
Host or IP - 192.168.4.36
Port - 1024
Password - eventghost

Save
Enable Incoming Events - Ticked
Details - Listening on 192.168.4.114, port 1024

Advanced
Password - eventghost
port - 1024
Save
Settings Complete?

Layout

New Layout - Media Controls
Create
Layout Settings
Layout Server - Mediapc
Send Hardware Keyboard Events - Ticked not sure what that is for
OK

Add Icon
Name - Test
Event - Testing
Enduring Event - Unticked
Payload - Blank
Save
Exit Edit Mode

Pressing the test icon does not yeild an event on the Media PC event ghost log........ Stuck

Where am I going wrong??

Edit: Also; how do you stop the event ghost app running, there isn't an exit option and stopping the service doesn't seem to work.

EDIT 2: Sorry I noted down one of the IP addresses incorrectly. Thanks JitterJames now changed
Last edited by zootoxin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zootoxin

Postby jitterjames » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Host or IP - 192.168.1.36

Details - Listening on 192.168.4.114, port 1024

your devices are on different lan segments and probably can't talk to each other. I'm not sure how you've got your lan set up but on mine everything has an ip address like this: 192.168.1.***

If something has an IP of a different form, I can't get it to talk to the others. If you want to talk to your PC through WAN so that you can control it even when you are not home (well I don't know if this is possible but) you need to use your external ip address which is assigned to your router by your ISP and then make sure that your router is forwarding the correct ports to your PC.

hope it helps... I have never used this plugin and don't even own an android, so it's just a best guess!
jitterjames
Experienced User

Postby tiger100 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:20 am

Just wanted to warn everyone using this app that the download repository is not active any longer. All of your layouts that are saved here will no longer be available.
tiger100

Postby SuperTycoon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:02 am

Hello,

The developer's website is down, and I can't find any copies of the EventHost plugin for this app. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

If not, I'm aware that there are alternatives which exist (AutoRemote for example) - but due to port-forwarding issues (I'm in university accommodation, so don't have any access to router settings) these have proved unusable for me. Would anyone be able to suggest any alternative methods which do not require open ports (or perhaps used a bluetooth connection?) to integrate Tasker with Eventghost?

Many thanks!
SuperTycoon

Postby Livin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:18 pm

SuperTycoon wrote:Hello,

The developer's website is down, and I can't find any copies of the EventHost plugin for this app. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

If not, I'm aware that there are alternatives which exist (AutoRemote for example) - but due to port-forwarding issues (I'm in university accommodation, so don't have any access to router settings) these have proved unusable for me. Would anyone be able to suggest any alternative methods which do not require open ports (or perhaps used a bluetooth connection?) to integrate Tasker with Eventghost?

Many thanks!

This app did several things so I don't know what features you need but I don't know of any single app that does them all.

AutoRemote is totally different and not EG specific as was the app this thread was made for. There are several apps that do what Autoremote... I've used DroidManager, AirDroid, and Remote Web Desktop which look similar to Autoremote (note: I've never used Autoremote).

You might want to start a new thread and explain the exact functionality you are looking for. Be specific in both the Thread Subject (so you get the proper attention) and the post itself.
Livin
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Plugin Support