Latest release is this one :
Previous release :
New in 0.0.2 :
- WARNING : IT SEEMS THAT YOU NEED TO RUN EG WITH ADMIN RIGHTS FOR 0.0.2 TO WORK.
- The plugin now uses a pure python ping implementation. the windows ping.exe isn't used anymore
- All the threads can now be interrupted immediately (in 0.0.1, the code should wait for running ping.exe to end).
- The plugin should consume far less cpu time.
- The plugin param is no more needed ... unfortunatly, this breaks compatibility, with 0.0.1. :
- if you upgrade, please remove all plugin actions, remove the plugin, then re add ...
- The OnePing action now returns the response time in milliseconds in eg.result
- The GetHostsStatus action now returns the last response time in ms (if the host has ever responded to the pings !)
- Small changes and clean up on the messages sent to the console
I have written my first plugin !
Please, test it, or even better, have a look at the code and tell me how I can improve it.
The purpose of this plugin is to know when a host become alive or dead on the network.
The plugin send ping commands continuously and generate an event when the specified host start or stop responding.
if you set it to ping http://www.google.com
for exemple, you'll get an event when you loose your internet connection.
If you TV is connected to your lan, you will get an event when you turn it on/off, ...
You won't get an "alive" event each time the host responds to the ping command. Only the first time.
The plugin can manage as many hosts as you set, and have a few usefull actions and options.
More in the readme.txt.
Thanks for reading !