abraxxa wrote:I'd prefer a free forum hosted by some company so we don't depend on a single individual who also has all the work.
Github only offers a wiki, html pages and an issues tracker but no forum.
Hosting with SourceForge.net ¶
* Register a project for hosting, Get started with your new project , Project control
* Downloads and metrics: Release files for download, Project statistics, Web analytics
* Hosted Apps, the most popular of which are: phpBB, MediaWiki, Piwik, Trac and dotProject
* Web services: Project web, Project database, Developer web, MediaWiki wiki
* SCM (source code management) services: Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, CVS
* Shell services: File management service, Shell service, Cron service
* Communications: Mailing lists, phpBB forums, News
* Get support from SourceForge.net staff (via email, IRC, or ticket)
* Backup your data
* Comprehensive service directory
Yes, i would.zian wrote:Wow Topix,
That is a great offer.
Would you be willing to spring for a year at a host other then the Giga-International you posted a link to?
Hmm, a Forum for free? Are there restrictions (Attachments, Webspace)?zian wrote:More FYI on SourceForge...
zian wrote:Here is a very rough draft of a proposed EventGhost Forum I made today.
(pretend like you clicked on eventghost.net)
(and DON'T sign up)
(this is ONLY a test)
I did this mostly just to show Bitmonster that we are working on getting our stuff together so as he said he would hand it all over AFTER we find a suitable place.
I know the work I did today ain't suitable yet... but it's a start I hope.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests