PLEASE NOTE: Always take a copy of your local weather_conditions.py file before you upgrade if you have made any modifications to it and copy it back afterwards.
Added also a setting for fixed offset to getter action 'Check if time now is inside calculated virtual range with weather compensated offset'.
Previous versions below:
Modified calculation rules of offsets for "InsideRange" actions
- Added a getter action 'Check if time now is inside calculated virtual range with weather compensated offset' to check dawn/dusk calculations for various twilight options and +/- X minutes offset setting with weather condition compensation.
- Added a getter action 'GetTimeFor_SunSet_SunRise' to retrieve current time stamps for todays Sunset and Sunrise".
- Changed settings to allow 120 minutes instead of 60 for weather compensation settings.
- Bugfix in action 'GetSunStatusWeatherCompensated'
- Added actions to retrieve weather forecasts, wind and atmosphere data
# 2012-09-10 Fixed a bug in main event creation for Sunrise/Sunset
# 2012-09-02 Commented out a number of print statements (info can be found
# in the log files)
# 2012-08-30 Fixed a bug in CalcWeatherCompensation function
# 2012-08-29 Monitoring and reporting missing weather conditions.
# Weather conditions defined in a separate file
# 2012-08-27 Google weather replaced by Yahoo! Weather
I made some additional changes to make future maintenance a bit easier. The weather conditions are kept outside in a separate py-file that is getting imported when the plugin start. This makes it easy to add new conditions (if I have missed any of them).
I have also added a monitoring feature so if a new condition is detected it is printed in red as an eg error in the log so it is easier to find.
To upgrade, it is very important to follow the steps below in the specified order.
1) When EG is running current version, disable the SunTracker plugin and all SunTracker actions so that they all stops
2) Unzip or copy the content of the new zip file
3) Now configure the SunTracker plugin:
- enter your location id: A five digit US zip code or location ID. To find your location ID, browse or search for your city from the Yahoo! Weather home page(http://weather.yahoo.com/) The weather ID is in the URL for the forecast page for that city. You can also get the location ID by entering your zip code on the home page. For example, if you search for Berlin in Germany on the Yahoo! Weather home page, the forecast page for that city is http://weather.yahoo.com/germany/berlin/berlin-638242/. The location ID is 638242.
- select your units: type of units. 'metric' for metric or 'non-metric' (currently planned for future functions)
- select how often you want weather data updates (default is every 5 minutes)
When finished, click ok, then enable the plugin so that it starts.
4) Now for each action, configure each of them by opening them and clicking ok
5) Enable each of the actions
6) Open the settings for the plugin again and check that they are all running
7) You are done!
This plugin is intended to be used as a sunset/sunrise tracker for planned controls especially for indoor and outdoor lights