Is there some way to create a sticky to this post? Maybe we should just start a new thread for this new version of the plugin. Also, this version of the plugin seems to be working very well, so shouldn't it be included as part of the standard EG installation?
CHeitkamp wrote:Here an almost complete rewrite of the PS3 BD Remote plugin.
It's not fully compatible to the old version.
Its tested with EventGhost Version: 0.3.7.r1194
- Uses the new eg.WinApi.HID class for the HID stuff.
- Shows only the HID entries with matching VID+PID
- Timer-based enduring events replaced with eg.TriggerEnduringEvent
- Events are now PS3.Button.XXX, to be "compatible" to the default HID plugin
- Some buttons needed to be renamed to make multi-button easier
- Multiple button presses are now fully decoded e.g. PS3.Button.L1+R1+Enter (remark: only the following keys are multi-button compatible: L1..L3, R1..R3, PS, Enter, Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square, Select, Start, Top, Right, Down and Left
- A new action for getting the battery level of the remote. Level: 0 (emtpy) - 5 (full). (remark: to get the battery level at least one key must be received.
- This plugin version works, even if the battery is not completly full
- The plugin warns if the battery level is < 2 (=almost empty)
- Zone events are no longer avaible, because they were not fully compatible with the multiple keypress detection
- The sniff-mode is not implemented, now. I'll do it in one of the next releases.
- The parser does some plausibility checks on the received data, because sometimes the data gets trashed. E.g. on connection loss or reconnect.