I have written a plugin for my Pinnacle remote (Card: Pinnacle PCTV 310i) and want share it with the community. The plugin is working together with RemoTerm from the Pinnacle TVCenter software package. So it should work for all Pinnacle remotes (and IMHO Hauppauge remotes) which are connected (IR receiver) directly to the TV card or to a serial COM port.
Well, I can't test it with other remotes, so please share your expirience.
- You have to install the TVCenter 6 Software from PCTV Systems (to get 'RemoTerm 3.x').
- Your remote must be configured and 'remoterm.exe' must be started.
- Create a directory 'PCTV Remote'
- copy the attached files into the new directory
- restart EventGhost
- Backup the file 'profiles.ini'.
(in '%ProgramData%\PCTV Systems\RemoTerm\Profiles\')
- Copy the 'profiles.ini' from the plugin directory to the above directory.
- Copy 'n paste the lines:
- Restart 'remoterm.exe'.
(in '%CommonProgramFiles%\PCTV Systems\RemoTerm\')
In the directory '%ProgramFiles%\PCTV Systems\TVCenter\' you can find the file 'Remote_XX.pdf' which shows the keycodes for your remote.
Each button is generating two keycodes. One for a short, and one for a long keypress (+64 after a half second). A long keypress can be used together with the EventGhost autorepeat macro.
In the plugin directory you can also find an EventGhost configuration example to control the PCTV TVCenter software (keymapping is for a Remote Control Typ C).