EventGhost and Tasker

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

EventGhost and Tasker

Postby paulmon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm

I've figured out how to send events from EventGhost to my Andoid phone and kick off Andoid tasks with tasker, I'm really wondering however if there is anyway to do that in reverse. Have Tasker trigger an EventGhost event? I'm using NFC Task and Tasker and ideally want to create an event when I walk in my door if I wave my phone near a specific NFC tag at my door that it instructs EventGhost to start playing my MP3s and uses my USB UIRT to turn on my receiver to play the music from the same PC running EventGhost. However from what I can see the EventGhost tasker plugin seems to be "One way" only, that is from EventGhost to my phone not the other way around.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul
paulmon

Re: EventGhost and Tasker

Postby eatmeimadanish » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm

You could just have it post to the websocket URL. If you load the webserver in EG and just type the address like this:
http://192.168.1.2/?EVENTNAME

You will generate an event in EG without needing to do anything. I am sure you can post data to a webserver. Also there is an EG plugin in the market that I think can do this as well.
eatmeimadanish
Experienced User

Re: EventGhost and Tasker

Postby Stupifier » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Holy crap....why didn't I come across this earlier. Been looking for a way to do this for a while. Thank You. Works great.
Stupifier

Return to Plugin Support