König CMP-MEDIAREM12 = Speed-Link receiver? Use with Harmony

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.

König CMP-MEDIAREM12 = Speed-Link receiver? Use with Harmony

Postby Pelle » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi there,

I recently bought a "König CMP-MEDIAREM12" remote control to use the IR-receiver with my Harmony 600. It worked right out of the box but I wanted to change some of the buttons, sooo - I installed EventGhost. :)
When I first started EventGhost it recognized the receiver as "Speed-Link SL-6399 Media Remote" and I had to install a driver in order for EventGhost to recognize buttons being pressed.

Pretty much all buttons work except for Play, Pause, Forward, Rewind, Stop, Record, and a few more. EventGhost recognizes when I press the buttons but I can't assign them to anything since they come up as "#1 (X, 0, X, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)" where the X's stands for different numbers.

Here's an image showing buttons Rewind, Skip backwards, Record, Play, Pause, Forward, Skip Forward and Stop being pressed.

What do I do? Help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Re: König CMP-MEDIAREM12 = Speed-Link receiver? Use with Har

Postby klaettermus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm having the exact same problem. How can I assign these "codes" to events or actions?

Re: König CMP-MEDIAREM12 = Speed-Link receiver? Use with Har

Postby jonib » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Looks like the plugin don't know those button codes and as a result don't create an event for them.

Looking at the plugin it looks like it should be easy to add any missing codes to it, open (in a text editor) EventGhost install dir\plugins\Speedlink6399\__init__.py
There are two sections try adding the missing codes to one of them.
Code: Select all
CODES1 = {
    (0, 0, 40): "Ok",
    (0, 0, 75): "ChannelUp",
    (0, 0, 78): "ChannelDown",

Code: Select all
CODES2 =  {
    (4, 2, 0): "TV",
    (3, 180, 0): "Rewind",
    (3, 176, 0): "Play",

I don't know anything about this plugin so don't know if there are any other changes needed.

XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
Plugin Developer

Return to General Support