I am a total beginner to start with Eventghost. My scenario is as follows:
1. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on Dell Optiplex 755. Bluetooth is a USB unbranded dongle working perfect with all devices.
2. I have a Logitech PS3 Bluetooth Adapter (not Sony BD Remote) which I have managed to pair with my computer. It is detected as "HID - Game Controller" and is paired and connected to the PC.http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Adapter-PlayStation-3/dp/tech-data/B00267S7XW/ref=de_a_smtd
3. I have a Logitech Harmony 880 (IR) universal remote. I am trying to use it to control the media center (XBMC) running on the PC. Since I dont have an IR receiver, I am trying to use Logitech PS3 Bluetooth Adapter to accept incoming IR commands from Harmony and translate and trigger them on the PC using the bluetooth.
4. Searching around I saw that people have achieved this using Eventghost, which I installed too. Tried using a couple of already configured community shared configuration (XML) files, but none worked so far. Apparently when I run the file it searches for "Sony Remote" and "XBMC" plugins, which reportedly are missing.
5. I have noticed that in Eventghost plugins there is only a plugin for "Sony Bluetooth Remote" not for "Logitech PS3 Bluetooth Adapter ". The latter infact works as a Sony BT remote for the PS3, just with the added convenience that now PS3 can also be controlled via Harmony via this IR -> BT translator. Hence all such ready made configuration files are not of use to me, at least i haven't seen any other user trying for a similar setup.
6. Is there a possibility that I can get a plugin for "Logitech PS3 Bluetooth Adapter ". Any chances that it would work the same way.
7. Is there any special bluetooth stack required or recommended for running Eventghost. I am running BlueSoleil 6.4 , is it required to have Microsoft or Widcomm stack to setup bluetooth control of the PC.
8. Did read somewhere (maybe on Logitech Forums) that Logitech PS3 Bluetooth Adapter is hardwired to fire bluetooth commands only compatible with a PS3. Which kills the chances of having such a setup. But just asking is it possible to intercept or read the bluetooth signals from this device to make it work for the PC.
I did read in the XBMC forums that a guy is able to run a similar setup by using both Logitech PS3 Bluetooth Adapter and Sony BD Remote, according to him both acted virtually similar and he was able to make it all work, at least on Mac using RemoteBuddy , any attempts in Windows environment are not clear. But it sounds like it can be possible.http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=511969&postcount=136
Thanks for reading and possible guidance.