USB-UIRT won't wake Windows 7 from sleep

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.

USB-UIRT won't wake Windows 7 from sleep

Postby RandomEGUser » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:12 pm

I know this isn't an EventGhost problem, but this forum seems pretty active and helpful.

I cannot get USB-UIRT to take my cpu out of sleep mode in Windows 7.

I have the lrnhelper utility, and programmed the buttons I want to use. The USB-UIRT box lights up whenever I press a button and the PC is sleeping, but nothing happens. The keyboard and mouse will still take the PC out of sleep mode. I tried using old vista drivers posted in another thread at the USB-UIRT forums - that didn't help. Those forums are pretty slow as well.

Has anyone here been able to get it to wake Windows 7? Any help is appreciated.
RandomEGUser

Re: USB-UIRT won't wake Windows 7 from sleep

Postby stottle » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 am

You might check your bios, there may be a setting to enable/disable something like "wake from USB". This is most likely a BIOS issue rather than a software issue.

Brett
stottle
Plugin Developer

Postby typhoid » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:30 pm

It sounds like your usb-uirt is still receiving power while your computer is sleeping, but if nothing else works you might want to check for a +5vsb jumper on the motherboard.

More information here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/148344-30-asus-p4p800-device-wake-jumpers-question
typhoid

Postby RandomEGUser » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:58 pm

thanks, and I'll check that Typhoid, but Windows XP (x86) has no problem waking from sleep, could it be because I'm running Win 7 x64?
RandomEGUser

Postby shimh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Please check http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1218032, post 4. The problem is with the Windows 7 driver. However, it was said that the vista driver may cause bsod on Windows 7 with 8GB+ memory. I guess most htpcs do not need that much memory.
shimh

Return to General Support