Mouse Emulation - cursor only moves correct when EG in focus

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.

Re: Mouse Emulation - cursor only moves correct when EG in focus

Postby kfoster04 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm

sstarcher I have never been able to solve this problem, so I have switched to using HIP for my mouse control. It works correctly and I have had no problems. You just have to have an extra app running in the background, I would have preferred only running EG but since I could not solve the problem, have no choice. Just a suggestion for you to try, if you are ready to give up like I was.
Home Automation, Personal Security and Gadgets - Automating your World at http://www.HaWorldOnline.com
kfoster04

Postby sstarcher » Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 pm

what's HIP?
sstarcher

Postby kfoster04 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:59 pm

HIP stands for "Human Interface Programmer". Here is the definition from the website where you can download the software,

"HIP is a Windows-based simple and highly configurable system that can allow you complete control of up to 81 different applications with a minimum of keys (all of which may be customised). Originally written to replace the software that was supplied to control the remote control of the Vision Plus DTV card, the system has grown to allow users a variety of interfaces which provides system control when a keyboard or mouse is not available particularly for Home Theatre PC (HTPC) users."

You can learn about it and download the software here;
http://www.byremote.com.au/HIP/
Home Automation, Personal Security and Gadgets - Automating your World at http://www.HaWorldOnline.com
kfoster04

Re: Mouse Emulation - cursor only moves correct when EG in f

Postby dopdahl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am

And the thread ends here? I have the same problem...3 years later...

It seems like the mouse is captured to a zero sized window in the upper left of the desktop...

Meh.
dopdahl

Postby hotbuddha » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Strange. I do mouse movements in my plugin and no one using it has reported this issue. But I use Mouse.MoveRelative not Mouse.GoDirection.
hotbuddha
Experienced User

Postby kfoster04 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:03 pm

dopdahl wrote:And the thread ends here? I have the same problem...3 years later...

It seems like the mouse is captured to a zero sized window in the upper left of the desktop...

Meh.

Meh I was never able to get this working, no one responded to help so after trying other solutions to no avail I finally gave up a year or two ago and started using other programs to run the PC and mouse.
kfoster04

Postby dopdahl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:31 pm

It's Alive! (the thread that is, hehe)...

Ok, I'm closing in on this one.

This appears to be associated with the EventGhost user interface behaving oddly/badly.

My first hunch is that this problem only exists on 64-bit versions of Windows. Can anyone confirm what OS they are seeing the issue on?

I have Win7 32-bit at work, and there are no problems. Works just fine.

I have a brand spanking new 64.bit Win7 system at home and it exhibits the problem.

I have also noticed that the EventGhost UI is screwed up on my 64bit machine. Can anyone verify weird vertical splitter drawing when you attempt to click and drag the splitter between the log and macro window?

On my 64bit machine dragging that splitter draws it offset from the location of the mouse (a classic indication of improper ClientToScreen and ScreenToClient processing in the UI), on my 32bit machine the UI works as expected. There is something going on with regard to the UI and mouse clipping rects or position mapping on 64bit windows that is causing the problem. When I get home, I'm going to tweak the mouse plugin to force a full screen clipping rect right before calling SetCursoPos... If it works, I'll post the hack up here. I'm not sure if it will work given that there is something more fundamentally screwed up with the application's UI on my 64bit machine.

I'm a developer by trade, I'll get to the bottom of this.

Please confirm what I've observed if you're having the problem as well.

Thanks!
Dave
dopdahl

Postby dopdahl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:36 pm

lol kfoster...

Meh. was an expression of my disgust... not my name! lol.

Anyway, thanks for the response... I'll update my results...
dopdahl

Postby dopdahl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Ok, either this is a bug in the auiManager class in the python version EG uses, or it's a problem in the way EG has written its code that uses auiManager.

I'm a Windows guy, not a Python guy, so I'm going to try my ClipCursor hack later... If that works, I'm good.

Otherwise, maybe there's a Python guru out there who knows what I'm talking about and can take a quick look.

Feedback later tonite.
dopdahl

Postby dopdahl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:16 pm

SOLVED.

Tried my ClipCursor code and it didn't work at all.

Poked around with the 'Compatibility' settings in the Windows 'Properties' dialog for EventGhost. This is the dialog you get when you right click on the app or app icon and select properties.

I'm running 64bit windows 7 so I tried changing the compatibility modes... no difference, bug still there...

Then I realized that since I'm using this on a 60" display that I had gone into my display settings and setup my text for high DPI (larger fonts) so that I could actually read stuff from my couch.

Turns out the compatibility tab allows you to 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings'

Checking that fixed the problem. Works fantastically well now and fixed the weird UI issue I was seeing with the splitter bar in EventGhost as well.

Hope this is a help to others.

Dave. 8)
dopdahl

Previous

Return to General Support